Tuesday, November 22, 2011

"Nirvana Live at the KU Union Ballroom 10-17-1991" Album Covers

Supposed to look like a yin and yang symbol, but I don' think it quite gets across.




This would be solid black... I'm not entirely sure what happened here. And I know it looks pixelated. I'm going to have to find a way around that as well.


Our final project in VISC 201 is to design a realistic album cover- including an insert and a process document. We got to pick from a few different artists' albums, and I picked Nirvana (mostly because I knew them the best and like that type of music.) The sad thing is, the first time I've ever seen an album (that I remember) was last Thursday when Tim brought some in to class. This project is going to be tough and exciting! I can not believe that we only have 2 weeks left after Thanksgiving until all of this is due. I need to get to work.

Basically, the concepts I explored in these covers are
1) The definition of Nirvana (manifested in a yin/yang, the definition in different languages, and a buddha/ meditating woman)
2) A cartoon or a comic book (which I thought would kind of capture the feeling of this type of music... but I ended up not liking at all)
3) Live in Concert (kind of like a concert poster or just a photo of them performing, since at the time of this performance, the band was not well known and performing was all they had. Also, the album itself is a live album, so I thought it would be appropriate.) 

After looking these over and talking about them in critique today, I think I might either pursue the one with the large words in a different language or maybe the one with the meditator. If neither of these work, I like the last one with the simple photo of the band as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment