Monday, November 15, 2010

Reading Reflection #1


“Parts of the Letter”
I thought this reading was very interesting. It taught me a lot about the different parts of the letters, what they are called and how they differ between different fonts. Having this knowledge definitely helped me and my group make an informed decision about which font we wanted to use for our letter constructions. Because of this reading, I knew that serifa was a font with serifs, meaning that it has small feet at the base of every letter. Futura is sans-serif, meaning that it does not have these little feet. As a group, we decided that we wanted to use a sans-serif font because our “t” would look more like a plus sign, further emphasizing the meaning of our word, so we chose futura. This reading taught me a lot of important facts about font that I can use in this project, but also in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment